Supermarkets can drain your pocket, your energy and your time. Here are nine supermarket survival tips for successful supermarket shopping….
1. Eat before you go – an empty stomach is sure to guide you towards the chocolate and snacks.
2. Don’t take the kids! – they always find something they ‘must have.’
3. Do it online – no petrol costs, no browsing the shelves wondering what treats to buy.
4. Prepare a detailed list – and stick to it 🙂
5. Be brave and check out shop’s own brand – some are good and often a lot cheaper.
6. Avoid sweets and snacks aisles – you don’t NEED to visit these shelves – so don’t.
7. BOGOF – Buy one get one free if you NEED it – not just because it’s half-price – twice as much chocolate is twice the calories and sugar if not twice the cost.
8. Go on your own or with a good friend – on your own you can think more clearly, and a good friend can steer you in the right direction!
9. Don’t ‘pop-in’ every day – if you have a freezer, a monthly shop could work.
P.S. If you’re considering growing some food at home, this handy download will help you decide what to grow that will be most beneficial to you and your family.
This handy digital copy of Garden Vitamins highlights 28 different fruits and vegetables you can grow at home and collect 9 valuable vitamins to keep your family healthy and well-fed.
All these popular fruits and vegetables have brief but concise growing instructions and are categorized by vitamin so you know exactly what you’re getting from your new hobby!
Find out more from your favourite online bookstore: