“Supermarket Survival Tactics”
Supermarkets can drain your pocket, your energy and your time. Here are nine supermarket survival tips for successful supermarket shopping….
1. Eat before you go – an empty stomach is sure to guide you towards the chocolate and snacks.
2. Don’t take the kids! – they always find something they ‘must have.’
3. Do it online – no petrol costs, no browsing the shelves wondering what treats to buy.
4. Prepare a detailed list – and stick to it 🙂
5. Be brave and check out shop’s own brand – some are good and often a lot cheaper.
6. Avoid sweets and snacks aisles – you don’t NEED to visit these shelves – so don’t.
7. BOGOF – Buy one get one free if you NEED it – not just because it’s half-price – twice as much chocolate is twice the calories and sugar if not twice the cost.
8. Go on your own or with a good friend – on your own you can think more clearly, and a good friend can steer you in the right direction!
9. Don’t ‘pop-in’ every day – if you have a freezer, a monthly shop could work.