5 Ingredients, 7 simple steps
3 or 4 large potatoes, scrubbed or peeled and washed.
2 or 3 cloves of garlic (or more if preferred), crushed
½ – 1pint (300-600ml) of milk
Butter to grease dish
2oz (50g.) grated cheese
A little chopped parsley (optional, but helps sweeten the breath after eating garlic!)
1. Pre-heat oven to Gas mark 5 (375F, 190C)
2. Slice prepared potatoes fairly thinly. Boil or steam potatoes until just cooked. Don’t let them get too soft. Drain well and leave to cool slightly.
3. Grease a deep oven-proof dish with the butter
4. Crush or finely chop cloves of garlic to taste.
5. Place layers of potatoes in dish. Sprinkle garlic and chopped parsley if using, over each layer
6. Pour milk over the whole dish to about half way up. Milk could be mixed with a little single cream if preferred. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
7. Bake in the centre of pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until hot right through. Serve hot.
NB: Cheese can be added after cooking and browned off quickly under the grill if preferred.
Recipe from ‘Easy Potato Recipes’ available FREE on this page: Free Stuff