Another delicious recipe from ‘Cooking for Today’
I never thought of putting orange with spinach before -needs a little preparation but well worth it!
Spinach and Orange Salad
8oz. / 225g young spinach leaves
For the dressing:
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon chopped thyme
½ an orange
salt and pepper
To make the dressing:
- Carefully peel the orange half and cut peel into fine strips.
- Place peel strips in a small pan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Drain well, reserving orange strips, and cool.
- Mix together the lemon juice, oil and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Add the thyme.
- Remove the pith from the orange half, chop into fairly small pieces and arrange in a salad bowl with the spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle over the fine strips of orange rind and dressing and serve at once