Honestly, the words broccoli and cocktail don’t usually connect in my mind but this grown up salad looks yummy 🙂 When I acquire some Pernod, I’m definitely giving it a go!
8oz / 225g broccoli
5oz /150g. camembert cheese
few lettuce leaves.
For the dressing:
¼pint / 150mls / ⅔ cup of whipping cream
4 teaspoons of pernod
1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts
salt and pepper
- Divide the broccoli into florets and cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Divide the florets into bite sized pieces and reserve a few for decoration
- Pour boiling water over the tomatoes, then drain, peel and chop.
- Dice cheese.
- Line four cocktail glasses with lettuce leaves and divide the salad between them.
- Stir together pernod and cream and season to taste.
- Pour over cocktails, decorate with reserved broccoli florets and sprinkle with chopped nuts.