This is a delicious herb feast!
(Another recipe from ‘Cooking for Today’)
If you haven’t got access to all the herbs, improvise by using more of those you have got.
1 punnet of mustard and cress
1 tablespoon each of the following herbs (chopped):
1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon of whipping cream
8 oz / 225g / 1 cup of cream cheese
3 oz. / 75g. /⅓ cup of butter
- Soften the butter and beat together with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and lemon rind
- Peel and chop the garlic and stir into the cream cheese mixture with all the chopped herbs
- Place in a small bowl and chill for 4-5 hours.
- Wash the mustard and cress, drain well and arrange on a plate. Turn out the cheese mixture on top.
I like the idea of the herby cream cheese dressing – it would probably go well with lots of different salads.