This is a delicious herb feast!
(Another recipe from ‘Cooking for Today’)
If you haven’t got access to all the herbs, improvise by using more of those you have got.
1 punnet of mustard and cress
1 tablespoon each of the following herbs (chopped):
1 teaspoon chopped thyme
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon whipping cream
8oz/225g/1 cup of cream cheese
3oz/75g/ cup of butter
- Soften the butter and beat together with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and lemon rind
- Peel and chop the garlic and stir into the cream cheese mixture with all the chopped herbs
- Place in a small bowl and chill for 4-5 hours.
- Wash the mustard and cress, drain well and arrange on a plate. Turn out the cheese mixture on top.
I like the idea of the herby cream cheese dressing – it would probably go well with lots of different salads.
P.S. I love cookery books and this one on Amazon (UK) is very tempting!
Wow! 1001 Homemade Vegetable Recipes:
Enjoy Everyday With Homemade Vegetable Cookbook!
Although this isn’t a vegetarian book, the recipes are angled in such a way that encourages people to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables, and it presents a variety of vegan choices.