Another stunning salad centre piece from ‘Cooking for Today’. It looks so refreshing and delicious. I’m definitely going to try this one 🙂
1 small iceberg lettuce
2 kiwi fruits
For the dressing
4-5 tablespoons oil
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2oz/50g./½ cup chopped walnuts
salt and pepper
few walnut halves
- Remove rough outer leaves of the lettuce and tear inner leaves into pieces
- Peel the grapefruit and the orange, carefully remove the white pitch and cut the flesh into thin slices.
- Quarter the grapefruit slices. Peel and slice the kiwi fruits
- Arrange lettuce and fruit in a salad bowl or serving dish.
- Make dressing by mixing together the oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, sugar and chopped walnuts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over the salad, toss lightly and garnish with the walnut halves. Serve immediately.
P.S. I love cookery books and this one on Amazon (UK) is very tempting!
Wow! 1001 Homemade Vegetable Recipes:
Enjoy Everyday With Homemade Vegetable Cookbook!
Although this isn’t a vegetarian book, the recipes are angled in such a way that encourages people to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables, and it presents a variety of vegan choices.