Cauliflower and Egg Salad
This is a must try for me 🙂 Again from ‘Cooking for Today’. Give it a go!
For the Sauce:
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 egg yolk
125 ml/ 4fl. oz / ½ cup oil
2-3 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice
1 teaspoon of prepared mustard
2-3 tablespoons of chopped mixed herbs
- Place the cauliflower in a pan with the stalk end downwards.
- Cover with lightly salted boiling water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well. Divide into florets and arrange on a serving dish.
Make the sauce:
- Shell and halve the hard-boiled eggs.
- Press the yolks through a sieve and mix with the egg yolk and a little salt.
- Gradually beat in half the oil until thick.
- Then mix in the vinegar or lemon juice and the mustard and beat in the remaining oil.
- Finely chop the egg whites and fold into the sauce with the herbs.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and sugar to taste and spoon over the cauliflower florets.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.