(another delicious salad from ‘Cooking for Today’)
Nothing like a little oil and cream to zap up a salad!
The picture shows a garnish of ham and shredded lettuce but they are optional!
1 head of celeriac
For the dressing:
3-4 tablespoons oil
2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar
salt and sugar
1 medium sized onion
2-3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs
- Peel and coarsely grate the celeriac and place in a salad bowl
Make the dressing:
- Beat together the oil and lemon juice or vinegar and season with salt and sugar to taste
- Peel and chop the onion and stir into the cream with the mixed herbs
- Combine the cream mixture with the oil mixture
- Pour over the celeriac and serve.
P.S. I love cookery books and this one on Amazon (UK) is very tempting!
Wow! 1001 Homemade Vegetable Recipes:
Enjoy Everyday With Homemade Vegetable Cookbook!
Although this isn’t a vegetarian book, the recipes are angled in such a way that encourages people to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables, and it presents a variety of vegan choices.