Oh my, this recipe is just too tempting 🙂
Found in a book literally called ‘Chocolate’ by Margaret Briggs, and it sounds so delicious..
I assume that the milk used is cows milk but I may try it with almond or coconut milk instead.
Maybe hot chocolate is a winter drink but I think we should enjoy chocolate at any time of the year 🙂
Ingredients for two people – in theory!:
16fl.oz (450mls) of milk
4oz (110g) chocolate, chopped
2-3 orange peel strips (without the pith)
Half a teaspoon of instant coffee powder
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Stir all the ingredients together over a low heat until the chocolate melts
2. Increase the heat and bring just to the boil, stirring often
3. Remove from heat and whisk until frothy.
4. Return to the heat and whisk again
5. Remove the orange peel and pour the chocolate into mugs.
P.S. I found this recipe in my copy of Chocolate: The Tasty Treat with a Dark Secret.
There isn’t much of a description on Amazon but I can vouch for it being full of fun facts and great things to do with chocolate!