Classic recipe to satisfy that chocolate moment 🙂 Found in ‘The Chocolate Book’ published about 30 years ago!
8oz (225g) soft brown sugar
2oz (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sieved
3oz (75g) self raising flour
2 tablespoons (30ml) milk
4oz (125g) butter, melted
2oz (50g) walnuts, finely chopped
2oz (50g) raisins, chopped
4oz (125g) plain chocolate
1 tablespoon (15ml) black coffee
1. Preheat oven Gas mark 4 (180F)
2. Prepare a 7in x 11in (18cm x 28cm)tin – grease and base-line
3. Mix together the sugar, flour and cocoa powder
4. Beat together the eggs and milk. Stir into the flour mixture, together with the butter, walnuts and raisins
5. Spread into prepared tin and bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Cool then melt chocolate and coffee together and spread over cake
7. Decorate with walnut halves and cut into squares when cool.