…. with Mixed Leaf Salad
Quick, easy and meat-free recipe from 30 Minute Cookbook
Whether you call them zucchini or courgettes, these puffs will make a marvelous meal.
According to the recipe, preparation time is 5 minutes and cooking time 6 minutes – Sounds good to me 🙂
75g/3oz. fresh white breadcrumbs
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh mint
oil for deep frying
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
200g/7oz. mixed salad leaves
salt and ground black pepper
1. Top and tail the courgettes. Coarsely grate them and put them into a colander. Squeeze out the excess water and put the courgettes into a bowl.
2. Add the white breadcrumbs, egg, cayenne pepper and chopped fresh mint, with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well with a spoon or clean hands.
3. Shape the mixture into balls about the size of walnuts.
4. Heat the oil for deep frying to 180C, or when a cube of bread, when added to the oil, browns in 30-40 seconds.
5. Deep fry the courgette balls in batches for 2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Whisk the vinegar and olive oil together and season well.
7. Put the salad leaves in a bowl and pour over the vinegar and oil dressing. Toss lightly to coat the leaves evenly.
8. Add the courgette puffs and toss lightly together. Serve at once while the courgette puffs are still crisp.
P.S. I just found a new edition of this book on Amazon (UK)
30 minute cook book
“This title offers over 220 delicious dishes you can cook in less than half an hour.”