There’s so much fruit in these delicious cookies that I’m over-riding my healthy eating conscience – again! Found in The Chocolate Book by Valerie Barratt
Ingredients to make 8-10
2oz. (50g.) butter
2oz. (50g.) sugar
1oz. (25g.) all purpose (plain) flour, sieved
2oz. (50g.) almonds, blanched and chopped
2oz. (50g.) candied peel, chopped
1oz. (25g.) raisins, chopped
1oz. (25g.) glace cherries, washed and chopped
rind of half a lemon, finely grated
4oz. (125g.) plain chocolate
1. Line baking trays with non-stick waxed paper and pre-heat oven to Gas mark 4 (180C)
2. Put the butter and sugar in a pan and gently heat until melted
3. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the flour
4. Add the almonds, peel, raisins, cherries and lemon rind and stir well.
5. Put teaspoons of the mixture well apart on the baking trays
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for bout 10 minutes or until golden brown
7. While still warm, press the edges of the biscuits gently back into shape. Leave to cool on the baking sheets.
8. When cool, carefully lift the florentines onto a wire rack
9. Melt the chocolate and spread over the smooth sides of the florentines. When the chocolate begins to set, mark wavy lines into it with a fork. Then leave to set.
P.S. I was a little confused that 4oz. (of chocolate) equals 125g. when 2oz of everything else equals 50g. But as it allows us more chocolate, I’m going with it!
P.P.S. How about making a few that fit in a box and separating them with waxed paper. Lovely gift idea 🙂
These favour boxes at Amazon are pretty cool and they are very inexpensive!
Vintage Favor Gift Paper Boxes Chic
These party favours boxes are beautiful enough for wedding favours, party favours, sweet, confetti, candy, chocolate, small gift and jewelry, and other gadget.it also suitable for nuts sugars tea leaves hand make biscuits small gifts
There are more chocolate delights over at Simply Chocolate (my personal indulgence!)