I love cauliflower and can never resist buying them but sometimes, just sometimes 🙂 , I don’t get around to eating it. Usually because I think I have to make cauliflower cheese and never seem to have enough milk or cheese at the right moment.
And with so many vegans and gluten-free’s popping up in the family, the right moment isn’t going to happen any time soon. So I’m pushing my cheffing abilities here but this recipe should hit the mark!
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 or 2 crushed or finely chopped garlic cloves
1 green pepper, finely chopped
6 small tomatoes, peeled or use tinned tomatoes
A few fresh basil leaves, chopped
Vinaigrette salad dressing, home-made or shop bought
1. Pour vinaigrette dressing into a deep frying pan or wok
2. Add onion and garlic and cook gently until onion is tender
3. Break cauliflower into florets and add to the pan with a little water
4. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until cauliflower is cooked but not too soft.
5. Stir in the green pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes
6. Stir in tomatoes and basil and stir gently over the heat until hot right through.
P.S. I love cookery books and this one on Amazon (UK) is very tempting!
1001 Homemade Vegetable Recipes
Enjoy Everyday With Homemade Vegetable Cookbook!
“Although this isn’t a vegetarian book, the recipes are angled in such a way that encourages people to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables, and it presents a variety of vegan choices.”