Still on a chocolate run 🙂
Loving the recipes in The Chocolate Book (Valerie Barrett). Some have lots of sugar but this one seems a little less heavy on the sugar. See what you think.
I’ve copied it word for word as it appears in the book and I’m typing very quickly because the kitchen is calling!
225g./8oz/1 cup of butter or margarine
50g./2oz /½ cup icing sugar
225g./8oz/2¼ cups of all-purpose plain flour
50g./2oz /½ cup drinking chocolate powder
25g/1oz/3 tablespoons of cornflour (cornstarch)
125g/4oz plain chocolate
A little icing sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 180˚C, 350˚F, Gas mark 4
- Cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Work in the flour, drinking chocolate powder and cornflour
- Put the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star shaped nozzle. Pip in fingers (or shell-shapes) onto greased baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- Melt the chocolate. Dip half of each biscuit into the chocolate and leave to set on non-stick (waxed) paper.
- Dust the uncoated half with a little sieved icing sugar.
If all the chocolate’s gone, I’m not going to be a happy bunny… 😊