When I lived in France, I experimented with veggie recipes and this is one that my kids loved and therefore they ate it quite often!
I included it in the free potato book (pdf) here if you’d like to download it or just copy the recipe below and give it a go. Super tasty and nutritious…
3 or 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed or peeled and diced
1 courgette (zucchini)
1 green pepper
1 medium onion
A handful of fresh chopped herbs (maybe a teaspoon-ish of dried herbs if no fresh available?)
The juice of 1 lemon
A little olive or nut oil
- Boil or steam potatoes until just cooked. Drain well and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, slice the pepper into strips or cut into chunks, chop the onion and slice the courgette.
- Gently sauté the pepper, onion and courgette in the oil in a large pan until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the cooked drained potatoes carefully, add the lemon juice and herbs.
- Stir gently over a low heat for a minute or two and serve immediately.
NB: Use up any odd bits of vegetables you have lurking in the fridge; e.g. a tomato or a few small broccoli or cauliflower florets.
PS But if you’re looking for even more potato recipes you could try this book I found on Amazon (UK)
100 Delicious Potato Recipes
In this book we focus on Potato. The Potato Cookbook is a complete set of simple but very unique Potato recipes. You will find that even though the recipes are simple, the tastes are quite amazing.