Oh my, if bananas and chocolate don’t satisfy that sweet tooth, nothing will!
This is one of those recipes that get personalized the more you make them. If you’re gluten intolerant but can’t get pancakes to work with gluten free flour, maybe try an alternative such as almond flour – I haven’t tried this so don’t quote me on it! And the different types of chocolate you could use are plentiful 🙂
Banana and Chocolate Pancakes
4oz. (100g) flour
Approx. 8fl.oz (200mls) milk
1-2 eggs (depending on size)
A little cooking oil
2oz. (50g) dark chocolate (keeping it healthy!)
1 tablespoon honey
To make pancakes:
- Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre
- Break an egg into the well and add a little milk.
- Mix well, adding more milk gradually and mixing until all milk has been used and you have a fairly thick batter mix.*
- Heat oil in a frying pan and pour in a little batter and cook for a minute or two.
- Turn over – or flip if you can! – and cook gently on the other side for a minute or two.
- Serve warm
- some pancake makers like to chill the batter for half an hour or so before cooking. Not sure why, but when I remember to do this, the pancakes are often more ‘pancake’ like!
To Make Filling:
- Gently warm honey and chocolate in a pan to melt.
- Slice bananas and add to the pan.
- Cook gently for a minute or two then spread over cooked pancake.
- Eat immediately!