Although my gluten, sugar and dairy free banana loaf seems to have become a regular family favourite, I’m getting bored now! If you’re not bored with it yet, There’s an infographic on this page – tip: screenshot it on your phone.
Although, if dairy isn’t an issue for you, there’s another version here. Every time I make this, I seem to have different mixes 🙂
This Banana Seed Cake Recipe looks quick and easy although sunflower seeds aren’t always available so I’m going to try it without seeds as soon as the bananas don’t get eaten again 🙂
Found in ‘Grow Your Own Pharmacy’ (out of print now)
Banana Seed Cakes
2 small-medium very ripe bananas
6oz./150g./1.5 cups of self-raising flour*
3oz./75g./0.3 cup of sugar
3oz./75g./6 tablespoons of butter
5-6oz./125-150g./1 cup of sunflower seed kernels
*if using plain flour add 1-2 teaspoons of baking powder
you also need 3 bowls but they’re easy to wash up!
- Preheat oven to 350F, 180C or Gas mark 4
- In a bowl, mash peeled bananas
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and beat in the sugar and bananas
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sunflower seeds and baking powder, if using, together.
*If you’re using self raising flour and not including seeds, skip this step.
- Fold the flour (mixture) into the banana mix and stir together well.
- Put tablespoons of dough on an ungreased baking sheet leaving about 5cm/2ins between them
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes or when they are just starting to brown.
Let me know how you get on with this. I haven’t tried it yet. People keep eating the bananas!