Although parsley has been used as a garnish for many years, it’s now being recognized as a valuable food.
High in iron and vitamin C, parsley is a nutritious and inexpensive food – especially if you grow it yourself.
Parsley pie, a traditional Cornish recipe, especially good for using up leftovers.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 (350F, 180C)
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish and almost fill with chopped fresh parsley.
- Mix in cooked lamb or any other meat or vegetarian substitute (chopped or minced)
- Add a couple of chopped hard boiled eggs and any chopped veggies you may have lurking in the fridge!
- Season and pour stock over the whole lot. Stock could be meat, chicken, ham or vegetable.
- Cover with a pastry top and bake in the pre-heated oven for about half an hour.
NB: If you use meat, always make sure it’s piping hot right through before serving.
Grow your own parsley so you have a constant supply of this wonderful herb.