When you have a good crop of zucchini (courgettes) it’s easy to get bored with them, so get some recipe ideas down now before your bumper crop takes over!
And if you’re not growing them but always wonder how to make them more interesting, same applies 🙂
I found this idea in a huge recipe book called ‘Cooking for Today’ published about 30 years ago.
Spaghetti with Courgette Sauce
400g. (14oz) spaghetti
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon of oil
15g. (½ oz.) butter
For the sauce:
1 clove garlic
450g. (1lb) small courgettes/zucchini
4-5 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mixed herbs
125mls (4fl.oz) whipping cream
1 beefsteak tomato
Salt and Pepper
First make the sauce:
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic
- Top and tail the courgettes and cut into matchsticks.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, garlic and courgette matchsticks. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Mix in the herbs and the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water over the tomato. Drain and peel.
- Cut tomato in half, remove the seeds and dice the flesh.
- Stir diced tomato into the courgette mix and keep hot in the pan.
And now the spaghetti….
- Peel and chop the remaining garlic clove.
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water, adding the garlic and oil, for about ten minutes, or until tender but still slightly al dente
- Drain, refresh quickly with cold water and drain well.
- Rinse and dry the pan. Melt the butter in it and return the spaghetti to the pan. Shake to coat well and serve topped with hot courgette sauce.
NB: Other pasta shapes can be used but you may have to adjust cooking times – there should be suggested cooking times on the packet.
P.S. If you’re really a zucchini fan, you may like this recipe book ….
Do you love zucchini? This third zucchini cookbook was written to help you to cook easy and healthy zucchini recipes.
This zucchini recipe book includes zucchini recipes, such as:
– Inspiralized Zucchini Salads
– Zucchini Soups
– Zucchini Hot Dishes